Welcome!

Oh, I'm so going to have to change that...

Continue for the scribblings of a slightly (many will beg to differ) mad Englishman with an overactive imagination and nothing to lose (well, not much).

If you get stuck in the quicksand that is the insides of my head, good! Stay there and bask in the euphoria of my insanity.

(Yeesh, sorry, that sounds a bit flat, doesn't it?) Anyway, I hope some of you will be able to immerse yourself in the rubbish that I post.

Bye for now,

Bubi

Tuesday 16 February 2010

Sunday - Short Story

I'm quite determined to get at least a short story in for Sunday... would be helpful if I started it...

By the way, slight spoiler alert, but since you won't know what the hell's going on, I don't really think it matters that much.

Idea came into my head yesterday: member of a State elite corps in her final test before joining seemed a good idea. Cliched in a way, but unobtrusive. Give it a few flashbacks and some conceptual leeway to keep me thinking about her story. Chose the gender at random since both have been done to death as the macho sort (well, kinda). No names... quite adamant about that for some reason. Should I include Primus? (You'll hear a lot about him and wonder who/what is he? I still haven't decided his character if I'm honest.) No, a bit much in something that's only going to be about three-four thousand words long.

Oh yeah, that's another thing, I suck at writing short stories... can't ever finish them. Just start and can't seem to conclude them. Actually, not true for this one, I've got the ending sorted out. Again a cliche: she passes out. Still going through the decorations in my head though, not sure how much it needs. Long journey, much pain and tiredness and the obligatory superhuman performance.

Better get started, hadn't I...

Bubi

No comments:

Post a Comment