Welcome!

Oh, I'm so going to have to change that...

Continue for the scribblings of a slightly (many will beg to differ) mad Englishman with an overactive imagination and nothing to lose (well, not much).

If you get stuck in the quicksand that is the insides of my head, good! Stay there and bask in the euphoria of my insanity.

(Yeesh, sorry, that sounds a bit flat, doesn't it?) Anyway, I hope some of you will be able to immerse yourself in the rubbish that I post.

Bye for now,

Bubi

Thursday 18 February 2010

Baroque... oh, the irony

I've been listening to a lot of Bach and Handel recently... particularly solo harpsichord and ensemble stuff.

A tad retarded of me, but I quite realised how ironic that I named one of my characters 'Jonathan Matherson' and made him a harpsichord composer. And who did he marry? 'Liese Meitne'!! (a physicist, no less)

True, that bit was deliberate (should give her a nicer story than the original), as was having her great-uncle's family name as 'deRarque'. It was 'deRarc' at first, but it didn't feel eccentric enough. Anyway, many apologies to Paul, but I'm sure it would have been one of the few things that he would have found amusing. Though, doubtless he'd have things to say about my education (particularly my almost complete and utter disdain for theoretical physics - I like making drugs, what can I say?). Ah well... Erwin Freundlich, anyone?

(Still, *wonders when the Copenhagen letters are going to be released*...) *sigh*

Bubi

No comments:

Post a Comment