Welcome!

Oh, I'm so going to have to change that...

Continue for the scribblings of a slightly (many will beg to differ) mad Englishman with an overactive imagination and nothing to lose (well, not much).

If you get stuck in the quicksand that is the insides of my head, good! Stay there and bask in the euphoria of my insanity.

(Yeesh, sorry, that sounds a bit flat, doesn't it?) Anyway, I hope some of you will be able to immerse yourself in the rubbish that I post.

Bye for now,

Bubi

Sunday 11 January 2015

Because I could...! So I did...!

In about three weeks, I watched all of Avatar: the Last Airbender, and Avatar: the Legend of Korra... and read three of the interquel graphic novels (The Promise, The Search & The Rift).

And strangely, given my hobbies and general maturity, despite being a Briton, the constant use of the word "bender" didn't have me tittering every other microsecond.

In general, AtLA was a superior all rounded package, but I felt that LoK had much more potential... crocked by Nick's corporate meddling that didn't allow some characters to develop properly, the really inappropriate themes (for a kid's show... I mean seriously, whose bright (and it really was, given how well it was portrayed) idea was it to put a horridly well-thought terrorist attack on screen... and are kids supposed to grasp luck egalitarianism(?!), never mind PTSD) that didn't manage to bring their full impact or for certain subplots to reach a sufficient or fitting conclusion. But eh... I enjoyed them both... a lot...

That is all... -__-

B.

No comments:

Post a Comment