Welcome!

Oh, I'm so going to have to change that...

Continue for the scribblings of a slightly (many will beg to differ) mad Englishman with an overactive imagination and nothing to lose (well, not much).

If you get stuck in the quicksand that is the insides of my head, good! Stay there and bask in the euphoria of my insanity.

(Yeesh, sorry, that sounds a bit flat, doesn't it?) Anyway, I hope some of you will be able to immerse yourself in the rubbish that I post.

Bye for now,

Bubi

Sunday 8 February 2015

The Library's doors open again... pity your face gets shredded the next turn...!

Right... well... today's the day... or rather yesterday was, but this release is certainly less than 24hrs old, and I present:





Yah... the brand spanking new Eldar Harlequin's Solitaire with his (should be her!! SHOULD BE HER!!) cornucopia of special (silly) rules...

I got this sucker at about 3:30pm yesterday... started constructing at 5:30pm... and had seven layers of paint down by 6:30pm... yeah, I did something really strange... primed in metal, 'cos I was feeling... well, weird, though I guess that's nothing new. And here's another pic with an eighth layer of paint and better light...



Anyway, the model is great, easy to put together and mould lines were few and straightforward to get rid of. Only the sprue clumps for the Harlequin's Kiss were annoying, but eh... I'm crap at this sort of thing so I wasn't too fussed. For the model itself, top notch, dynamic pose (well duh) and a fluffy complement of kit/gear.

However, while I'm (by and large) psyked for the 'Quins release in general, my criticisms for the Solitaire in particular would be that I'm disappointed it's not a female, as most of the fluff I'm familiar with (thanks Gav Thorpe... ¬_¬ ) paints the Solitaire as a female. But eh... I'll live... hopefully not much else will, especially those bearing the Mark of Slaanesh (that includes you, too, shaggy, if you're reading this!), but the horns?! o.O Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight... Also, that weird shimmery diamond thingy that sticks onto the back of his coat, I kinda get what they were trying to do there, but it would've worked better if it extended to the entire hem. *shrug*

So, all in all... great model... but not a great Solitaire model.

More progress to follow... in less than a week, hopefully... -.-

B

2 comments:

  1. Love the colour, looking forward to seeing the finished model soon ( no pressure, lol)
    The only thing I don't like about this model is the horns, just doesn't look right

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colour, can't wait to see him finished (no pressure, lol).
    The only thing I don't like about this model is the horns, they just don't look right.

    ReplyDelete